Just an average mo...

I'm not loud...nor am i quiet...I'm just average. I'm not rich...nor am i poor...I'm just average. I'm not a genius...but i am not dumb...I'm just average. I'm not a meanie...but i am not too nice...I'm just average. Just your average mo...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring Break

my spring break in a nutshell: (in no particular order...)

  • visited three college campuses in an attempt to choose a graduate program for the fall.
  • played a lot of yahoo euchre. there were two nights where without realizing it, i stayed up until 6am playing. thats my obsessive-compulsive-kinda-scary side.
  • made a house call to one of my advisees homes to pick up a recommendation form for a math camp and to help her complete the application (thats the ONLY teacher thing i did do).
  • went on one really lame date which i think has forced me to give up internet dating all together.
  • ate 3 big macs - with extra sauce of course.
  • only turned on my TV to watch piston basketball...the end of the season is so boring. i cant wait for the playoffs to start.
  • shared easter dinner with a coworker and her in-laws (which she refers to as her out-laws).
  • met up with some old girlfriends and their kids for dinner.
  • tackled the flu (although the cough part seems to still be lingering).
  • got an email from my principal saying how proud she is of my growth over the past two years and how sad she is that i am leaving. she says she will miss me.
  • got another email from my principal (two days later) asking me to submit my letter of resignation to free up my space so she can hire a replacement.
  • attended my first "funeral viewing session" - not sure what its called formally, but the day before the funeral when you look at the dead body and offer condolences to the family.
  • ordered wings from buffalo wild wings. one of my favorite restaurants from back home that i just discovered has opened 20 mins away from my place. comfort food.
  • paid all my bills. apparently in my hell weeks prior to spring break i had received a few collection notices that i never opened. oops.
  • received a phone call from my mom who is currently in India. didnt expect a call so it was a welcomed surprise.
  • did a lot of sudoku puzzles. even invested in an elctronic handheld sudoku game that sucks cuz its hard to read the screen. i like my book much better.
  • got my first pedicure of the season.
  • ate an entire box of lofthouse cookies in 3 days. that cant be good for me. but it felt good.
  • booked a ticket to fly home for a good friend's wedding in june.
  • only drank 5 beers all week (and 4 of them we on the friday we got out of school).
  • decided that i will be attending Howard University this fall to get my Masters degree.

1 Comments:

Blogger epiphanyinbmore said...

There's a BW-3 in the area?? Woah!

Rocky Run totally reminds me of BW-3, though it's not quite like the real thing.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home