Just an average mo...

I'm not loud...nor am i quiet...I'm just average. I'm not rich...nor am i poor...I'm just average. I'm not a genius...but i am not dumb...I'm just average. I'm not a meanie...but i am not too nice...I'm just average. Just your average mo...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Simple Pleasures

When I meet a new person, i like to ask them what their simple pleasures are. i just feel like you can get so much insight into a person by their response to this question. how creative they get, and more importantly how simple they get.

My biggest pet peeve is when someone answers that question with not so simple pleasures. like "spending time with my friends" or "my niece" or "playing sports". not only are these responses boring, but they dont offer me any insight into you and they are not really simple. I know its wierd that i ask people this question, then have expectations for their answer. but its just so dissapointing when the simplest pleasure one can think of is their family.

When i think of my simple pleasures, i think of the following...

  • pepsi on ice
  • sand between my toes on the beach
  • the word "detroit"
  • a child saying "i get it"
  • the smell of suntan oil
  • driving with the heat on and the windows down
  • good beer
  • fresh mangoes
  • going to nba games
  • flip flops
  • big macs
  • duck pin bowling
  • pedicures
  • laying out by a pool with a beer
  • brownies
  • crowds
  • roller coasters
  • furry kitty cats
  • sudoku puzzles
  • cupcakes with sprinkles
  • someone playing with my hair
  • indoor rock climbing
  • heated conversations
  • doodling
  • dr. suess
  • smiley faces

i could go on and on and on...but do you get my point? simple pleasures. i dont know, maybe i'm just strange. but i think happiness is in the little things. its the things that make you smile when you least expect it. the things that send you to your happy place.

Dont get me wrong, my family and my friends are very important to me. and they make me happier than anything on my list above. but i just dont consider them simple pleasures...maybe i should, and i just have it all twisted. who knows?

what are your simplest pleasures??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home