Just an average mo...

I'm not loud...nor am i quiet...I'm just average. I'm not rich...nor am i poor...I'm just average. I'm not a genius...but i am not dumb...I'm just average. I'm not a meanie...but i am not too nice...I'm just average. Just your average mo...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Snow Day!

This has got to be one of the greatest feelings in the world...a snow day. The sheer suprise of it all, the waiting involved...its almost orgasmic.

Ok, for all of you "non-teachers", imagine this. you wake up to go to work. you shower, get dressed, and while you are downing a bowl of cereal, you watch the news. on the news there is this little ticker at the bottom that reads (for all intents and purposes) "go back to bed, you dont need to venture out into the cold today, we'll pay you and we will not charge you a personal day for it...see you tomorrow". now tell me, how can you beat that?

today's snow day was a little different. they let us know at 9pm LAST nite. thats right, i didnt even set my alarm for this morning. around 6pm last night as i was frantically trying to get through a mammoth stack of papers that needed to be graded for today (while coping with a tough pistons loss), a friend who teaches in a neighboring district told me they were off for the snow. that was it. thats when the grading ceased, and i sat in front of my computer refreshing the school closings list for 3 hours...14 school districts had cancelled by 6pm, by 8pm there were 45, and sure enough...by 9pm my district had posted that they would be closed. time for a beer!

so what i am going to do with my snow day? ha...grade the papers that i didnt finish last night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home