Just an average mo...

I'm not loud...nor am i quiet...I'm just average. I'm not rich...nor am i poor...I'm just average. I'm not a genius...but i am not dumb...I'm just average. I'm not a meanie...but i am not too nice...I'm just average. Just your average mo...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

My team didn't show up...

so there was a lot of build-up for this weekend. and alot invested into it. the tickets, the airfare, the jerseys, the new boots, the alcohol, the food, the gas...all for a game. we painted our faces, made a sign, and went to the game. we ran into some chaos with the parking situation, and got to the game a bit late. missed the start of the first quarter cuz we were standing in the beer line.

the game started off just ok...and as time went on it just kept getting worse. the wizards were stomping all over my boys. the pistons were not playing with the same heart and determination that has made me love being a fan. i felt so dissappointed. then they stuck the dagger in my heart - with 6 minutes to go in the fourth, they gave up. took all the starters out of the game and let the bench play...

what a bummer. i'm glad i was there with my sister because i really dont think i could have handled the dissappointment with anyone else. the local radio station said the pistons were going to be at a nightclub after the game. so eventually we went by there to see. my sister is in radio, and knows that stations will often do that just to psyche people out and often the mentioned celebrity isnt even there.

honestly, we didnt go in (too long of a line and too high of a cover). but we did hang out on the strip where the club is and people watched. we talked to passer-bys and noone saw the pistons there. good thing too...probably would have upset me if they were out partying after such a horrific loss...especially since they had a game the next afternoon.

we drove around the city for hours after the game. i had to have her at the airport for a 6:30 am flight so there was no point in coming home. despite the disappointing loss, it was really nice and therapuetic to spend some quality time with my sister. long long overdue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home